Tools & Resources
Support from the Australian Government
The Australian Government is supporting Australian businesses to manage cash flow challenges and retain employees. Assistance includes cash flow support to businesses and temporary measures to provide relief for financially distressed businesses.
- Boosting cash flow for employers
- Temporary relief for financially distressed businesses
- Increasing the instant asset write-off
- Backing business investment
- Supporting apprentices and trainees
Instant asset write-off
Instant asset write-off threshold from $30,000 to $150,000 and expanding access to include businesses with aggregated annual turnover of less than $500 million.
Until 30 June 2020
Supporting apprentices and trainees
Eligible employers can apply for a wage subsidy of 50 per cent of the apprentice’s or trainee’s wage. Where a small business is not able to retain an apprentice, the subsidy will be available to a new employer that employs that apprentice.
1 Jan-30 Sep 2020
Boosting Cash Flow for Employers
Business with turnover of less than $50 million that employ staff.
50 per cent of PAYG withheld, with a minimum $2,000 payment and up to a cap of $25,000 over 6 months.
Provide up to $25,000 back to small and medium-sized businesses, with a minimum payment of $2,000 for eligible businesses. The payment will be tax free.
1 Jan–30 Jun 2020
A one-off $750 payment to social security, veteran and other income support recipients and eligible concession card holders. Around half of those that will benefit are pensioners.
From 31 Mar 2020
Accelerating depreciation deductions. Businesses with a turnover of less than $500 million will be able to deduct 50 per cent of the cost of an eligible asset on installation, with existing depreciation rules applying to the balance of the asset’s cost.
Until 30 June 2021
Support for Coronavirus-affected regions and communities
Regions and communities that have been disproportionately affected by the economic impacts of the Coronavirus, including those heavily reliant on industries such as tourism, agriculture and education.
Australian Government Resources
Complimentary Modern Workplace Tools
- Unlimited chat and search. Communicate with your team and always stay up to date with free chat and search app capabilities.
- Video calling. Get your whole team on the same page with free, built-in group and one-on-one audio or video calling.
- Team and personal file storage. Enjoy 10 GB of team file storage and 2 GB of personal file storage per person.
- Real-time collaboration with Office. Work together using your favorite Office apps for web including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and OneNote.
- Your world, organised. Get organised with multiple digital notebooks you can divide into sections and pages. With easy navigation and search, you’ll always find your notes right where you left them.
- Gather your thoughts, then make them even better. Revise your notes with type, highlighting, or ink annotations. With OneNote across all your devices, you’ll never miss a flash of inspiration.
- Share and collaborate. Great minds don’t always think alike, but they can share ideas and create together in OneNote.
Microsoft To Do
Create your digital To Do list.
- Smart daily planning. Accomplish what’s meaningful to you each day with My Day, intelligent and personalised suggestions to update your daily to-do list.
- Anywhere you are. Quickly capture and retrieve your lists and tasks across devices to help you stay organised at work, home, or on the go.
- Sharing made easy. From consulting a simple grocery list to planning for a big day, shared lists help you stay connected with family, friends, and colleagues.
- Make tasks more manageable. Break tasks down into simple steps, add due dates, and set reminders to keep you on track.